Thursday, November 6, 2008

i should cook

Eating is something Husband and I really enjoying doing together. Be it dining out, or feasting on food prepared at our very own kitchen, as long as it is good, we will enjoy as much.

But last night was different...

Wanting to eat as soon as we get home from office, I just instructed our Angel (household helper) to do the cooking. She would just fry the chicken that she marinated the day before anyway. But to my disappointment the fried chicken I was so looking forward to at dinner tasted so bland. I know I should be grateful that we have food to eat, but that's exactly my point... we should make the most out of our available supply and not waste it by cooking tastelessly, after all it is not that hard to prepare a savoury fried chicken!

It is frustrating to know that I cannot delegate our Angel to prepare even the simplest of meals... I just thought that with her around I can simply pass on my recipes to her and she can prepare it the way I could. But then, just like what I always tell myself "If you want things done, do it yourself." But hey! What is the word delegation for then??? Well, maybe not for cooking. And come to think of it, Husband enjoys more when I'm the one preparing his meal. So as agreed upon, I will still be the one to cook for us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cooking just take some practice. After forcing yourself to cook, you will begin to enjoy it ^_^ I at first found it very tiresome, but after a few years I enjoy making a really nice meal. Plus, I love the appreciative comments of the diners :)

Angeli said...

the right sawsawan makes bland chicken less bland. like putting make-up and tranasforming one's face. :)

jacqueline said...

Oh, I love to cook! really, I do. i just don't feel like I have enough time cooking meals for dinner after a day in the office... *excuses excuses* :)

yes, in the few times that i have cooked for Husband, it's all worth it 'cause he liked it and kept asking that i cook often. :)

oh! and smiling while cooking with my fave lipstick on? makes the food taste even better. *lol* :)

Anonymous said...

that is frustrating. may be she needs a bit more coaching? it took my yaya years to learn how to cook. we-ll, she still can't, but she took over my lola's baking business. ;-)

jacqueline said...

hi caryn! thanks for dropping by. yes, maybe my Angel needs more coaching... hope she'll learn fast... :)