Monday, May 17, 2010

birthday with shelves of books

It's my birthday today, and I spent it by starting on a new casual job tending a bookstore in one of the largest malls in the area. It was pretty good. I got the chance to have small chats with some shoppers. There was an old (German) man who approached and started a conversation with me. He said I sound American with how I speak my English (thanks to my country's history for that, I guess), and encouraged me by saying that I would be able to find an office job, just as I wished. He even invited me for a cup of coffee, but since I was the only one tending the store, I had to decline the invitation. It was a nice chat, I would say, with a lovely man, old enough to be my grandfather. :)

For dinner, husband and I dined at a small Chinese restaurant nearby.

I'm missing home at this very minute, yet I am excited to be where I am today.

4 comments:

A said...

Happy Birthday Jacqueline :-)))))

Angeli said...

parang yan yata ang dream job ko. hahaha

jacqueline said...

Thank you, Agnes! Cheers!

hahaha... pwede. gusto ko sanang i-scan lahat ng books na nandun, kaya lang baka mawala ako sa sarili, makalimutan kong ako pala ang bantay ng tindahan. hehehe... pero mas attracted ako sa mga cookbooks, parang gusto kong bilhin lahat. meron palang book dun, something like, 10 years old pa lang sya and divorced na sya. sa friday, i'll check the title and let you know. you might want to read it. :)

Amelia said...

that sounds cool :) and yeah I truely believed in that even here I was praised with the HR Director I am talking with because of my English :)

enjoy Jac :)